Tips On What To Bring When Going For COMELEC Registration

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Today I woke up at the right side of the bed and just so suddenly, I feel like being a responsible citizen. I want to help my country in every possible way I can. Believe it or not, yes I do care for the Philippines.
So I decided to visit our city’s COMELEC office to fix my voter’s record. Luckily it was a smooth process for me. So girls, read on because I am about to share to you some helpful tips about what to do and what to bring:

1. BE EARLY. I understand that where you are going to doesn’t have anything that you can be excited about, but you better be early because the hassles accompanied for being late in COMELEC Registration is way mooore tiring than just the long process itself (it can even burn you out and drain your energy).
2. WEAR COMFY CLOTHES AND FOOTWEAR. You may pull off a trendy preppy kind of look if you really want to stick to being a fashionista, but do please choose the most comfortable clothes you got in your closet. An outfit that will let you sprint, walk up/down the stairs, sit anywhere and will let you run back and forth but still let you manage ti be looking cool, great and preppy.

Speaking of fashion vs. comfort, one must have the right foot wear to keep you standing smart and classy on your feet. AVOID wearing heels, believe me, that won’t help you on occasions like these. Go for close shoes, step-in or anything flat. The purpose is to keep you looking great without losing your poise amidst the chaos (yeah, you knnow how anything related to government can get chaotic at times). 

3.KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING. Being a girl, it’s understandable that you might have a longer list of things you want to bring with you however, going to a place where there is a great chance of having to wait long, where you’re not even sure if there will be anything you can sit on, a heavy bulky bag on your shoulder is not a good idea at all. You need to be wise on choosing what to bring with you in times like this. To give you an idea, here’s a photo of what’s inside my bag when I went to COMELEC:

Actually, what you see here is not all that I brought, I forgot to include the other contents of my bag. hahah! lame.


4. Cosmetic ( face powder, alcohol, hair comb, tissue lip gloss or lipstick, handkerchief and alcohol, cologne)
5. Avoid Long Wallets. Use coin purse instead of long wallet. This will save you bag space.

6. Pens And Notes. It is wiser to bring 2-3 ballpens with notes/papers of small sizes. Trust me, you will need these. By the way, don’t brag about having multiple pens or people will borrow them and might forget to return it to you. 

7. Bring All Your Valid IDs. Aside from your IDs, make sure too that you know by heart your address, your mom and dad’s middle names, your TIN and etc.

8. Gadgets. These are to keep you from being bored. I brought with me my LTE pocket wifi and Memo Pad, and it helped me kill the time while the COMELEC Officials were, as expected, are late and spent too much time setting their computers and all. You can also bring powerbank just in case you run out of battery.

9. Candies/Chewing Gums. When you get bored, you might get a growling stomach. You don’t wan'na go around with a bad breath either. Who knows you might bump into your dream boy, so you gotta be smelling good.

10. When In Doubt, Ask. Don’t ask the people who are also just registering like you. Ask only the people from COMELEC. Their officials usually wear uniform for identity. It will help you get the right information and not just some word of the mouth kind of info. When you feel like you are not given the right answer, ask another one. It doesn’t hurt to go for a second opinion.

11. Avoid Bulky Bags. A body bag is the most ideal. Not only that you can keep it close to your front body, it also keep you away from being a number 1 target of looters.Besides, you don’t wan'na hit people whenever you move around. 

12. Keep A Descent Distance When Falling In Line. Yes, do keep a descent distance when falling in line and teall that to the person behind you too. I can not forget how annoyed I was when the boobs of the girl behind me were brushing at my back. Seriously, are you that proud of your boobies girl?

13.If Possible, Do Not Bring Your Kids. Wailing babies, shouting toodlers, yelling mothers…. these can really lose the crowd’s temper if you can no longer control your kids and they are causing noise polution. Whenever possible, leave your kids at home or have some one baby sit them. You can not multi task kids and COMELEC Registration.

14. Be Attentive. Be attentive enough to realize if you missed out something in your form or to know which next step you must take. And when you are not sure what to do next or if you feel like you might be  missing something out, ask someone from COMELEC when in doubt.

15. Lastly, Listen And Follow Instructions. When choosing where to sit or stand by, choose the one closest to an officer or help desk so when they disseminate instructions, you will get the right information. Don’t hesitate to ask when there’s something not clear to you. It might be unclear to the other people too, so ask them to repeat for the benefit of the majority.


I hope these tips I prepared will help you achieve a smooth COMELEC Registration process. It’s almost 2016 elections and I’m sure you want to be a responsible citizen of your dear nation. (Oops! No rhyme intended.) Good luck! :)

'Til then, See yah!

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)