PRODUCT REVIEW: REVLON COLORBURST LACQUER BALM & BALM STAIN

Wednesday, April 05, 2017



I was such a happy gal when I was randomly chosen as one of RevlonPh's lucky Instagram follower who will receive random Revlon items. True to their word, they sent me 4 of their products several days after I got notified. Two of the 4 products they sent are these lip balms. It's my first time to try these out so I thought it deserves a review on my blog.

Disclaimer: The products were given free but the opinions are totally mine; genuine and honest. Revlon did not ask me to do this review nor did they influence me about my thoughts. They simply sent me the products for free and that's it.

BRAND: Revlon Color Burst Lacquer Balm
SHADES: Adore & Flirtatious
PURCHASED AT: Sent free. But you may check at LAZADA & AMAZON
MADE IN: USA
PRODUCT WEBSITE: http://www.revlon.com



Packaging

The casing is 4.4 inches in length and its color depends on the shade of the product you purchased. It has silver twistable part at the bottom used to take out the product just like how you do it on traditional lipsticks. Revlon also added a small white label at the lid where you can find the bar code and other information. There's a sticker at the bottom part (not shown in the photo) that states the shade name. Their brand name is also printed (in silver) on the middle part of the casing. Smooth to touch.  Overall look: very chic.



Product Quality

This lip balm has a glossy finish. It has a little shimmer on it that looks good in daylight. I can also sense a very little odor that smells similar to my toothpaste. It's not bothersome at all, you won't even notice it unless you intentionally smell the product. The product glides on smoothly on my lips which makes it easy to apply. I don't know if it's just me or what, but I got a mentholy sensation upon application. It feels cool on my lips & I actually like it. I would say that the product is also slightly buildable because the color gets more vibrant each time I add more layers to it. So if you intend to use the product on top of another lip product, you can just apply a layer or two of this. But if you decide to use the product alone, you may layer it more to achieve a more vibrant color.



Note: The shade may look different on you depending on your natural lip color. I also did not layer other lip product, I used only the Revlon Color Burst alone in the photos below.


Shade: Adore
Between the two, I like this shade more because I am into nude or no-make-up make up look nowadays. This shade would be perfect for everyday simple look and I can definitely see myself using this color more than the other. Shades like this one just fits me well. It looks natural on my lips.



Shade: Flirtatious
The name suits this shade. I am not really into bold and bright colors when it comes to lip products. I just don't think that I look good to any color that's close to red. I don't have a bold pesonality either. However, this one might be an exception (haven't really made up my mind yet, haha). I think it looks good on me though this is not something I would wear casually everyday. But I think I can totally flaunt this shade on special occasions.

Proper Usage:

Glide it on smoothly unto your lips. You may use this product alone or you may also layer it over another lip product.

What I love:
  • Slightly buildable
  • Just the right amount of shimmery, not too intense.
  • The packaging makes it easy to hold and apply the product.


What I don't love:

I can't roll the product all the way down. When it's protruding like that, there's a chance I might damage the product upon taking the lid off because I am usually in a hurry or just being unconsciously careless sometimes. This could be fine to those who are careful... which I am not.

Will I purchase it? YES.

Tips:
  • Be extra careful when pulling out the cap so it doesn't hit and damage the protruding product inside.
  • You get best results when you exfoliate your lips first. There are several ways in exfoliating the lips but what I usually do is apply an ordinary lip balm (or something like petroleum jelly) on my lips. I leave it on for 1 to 2 minutes or until the balm has soften my lips. Then I gently scrub my lips using a wet tissue or a cloth. This leaves my lips very smooth and chap free. This tactic works best as well when using a matte lipstick.

Lately, I am loving matte finishes when it comes to make up. I think they last longer, look better, and saves me from looking too oily. But I guess, my make up game is about to change again. At least in lip products. Owning a shimmery lip product like these would be a good idea to suit my mood and the occasion I am on. Plus, multiple options is always better than having no other choice.

I haven't really tested out the longevity of the product but I sure will update this post once I figure it out. I just don't have the chance to do it today. With regards to transfers, it definitely has it. It's not like Revlon promised it to be transfer free. Besides, it's glossy finish. Not matte.

'Til then, see yah!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)