BOOK REVIEW: Red Queen

Wednesday, September 26, 2018






This book got my attention the first time it came out and made a buzz among bookworms. Many young people liked it. I'm no longer young, but when it comes to novels, the genres I like has never changed so I had a feeling I will like it too. Like I have already said on my previous posts: I'm forever a 22yr old girl at heart.  😉 Sometimes I'm 21, other times I feel like 23 and act like 24. Whatev. One thing's for sure, my heart's age will probably never go above 25 despite having my own family and a baby to look after, LOL. Okay, going back to the book I'm trying to make a review here, RED QUEEN did not disappoint. It took me a while (almost 2yrs actually) to finally read the book because I'm a hoarder and I had too many pending books to read. This book is good that I thought I should have read it sooner.

TITLE:

This is such a straight-to-the point kind of title, "no fuss" and intriguing at the same time. Its title actually got me curious right away and I ended up reading the plot. If I were given the chance to change the title, I'll come up on the same thing: Red Queen.

BOOK COVER:

 

This book's cover in my opinion is on-point. It went well with the title. It's sleek, intriguing just like the title and simply clever --- minimalist cover at its best 👍 The cover speaks for itself and I bet most people doesn't need much convincing to pick up this book because your attention is already in it the second you see the cover. Well how about the dripping red blood on the crown? I say it's both twisted and beautiful just like the catchy phrase you could read on the bottom part of the cover- just the perfect fit for this novel!

STORY:


Out of all the "pabitin" books that I've read, this is probably my favorite. Mind you, I have never liked any pabitin books before, this is the only one so far. The story gets more exciting on every chapter which I really like. The plot twists are not as extravagant compared to Harry Potter novels, but I failed to guess what happened next because I did not see it coming at all. In other words, I got carried away by the author's plot. I would say it's generally a typical YA dystopia novel that is kind of similar to other popular novels of the same genre. But it has its own charm that got me hooked with the story.


WILL I RECOMMEND IT?:

Actually, I already recommended it to a friend even before reading the book. As I mentioned above, it took me a while to read this novel, but I had a feeling that it's gonna be good because it won't get hyped for no reason, right? So I suggested it to a friend and she liked it too. In fact, she has finish reading all three books of the series. 😉



'Til then, See yah!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)