The World's NEW NORMAL

Tuesday, May 26, 2020



Hi. Sorry that it took me another year before I get to start blogging again. As usual.

I just had too much going on in my life as a mom with a toddler.
Izzay's turning three this year and it feels like I get busier as she grows more.
Not that I'm complaining. She's a gift like every child to their parents.
But I figured she's not this small forever so I decided to pause a little bit all of my extra curricular activities that doesn't really concern motherhood.
I had to stop blogging for a bit and devote most of my time to my little daughter.

I don't regret the decision at all because anything that's for our daughter is ALWAYS WORTH IT.
No matter how busy or hard life may get. Whether I hit the mark or not, trying is always worth it when it comes to Izzay.

You probably heard about this all the time but it is true that being a full time mom is no joke. It may sound convenient (it probably is) but it's certainly not a walk in the park. You'll be surprised how emotionally draining it is once you're in the actual situation.

Toggling between house chores and my child is a job that may sound fulfilling but is undeniably exhausting too especially when it involves a little human who you can't argue with.  Life was really hectic and crazy back then.


BUT LIFE IS CRAZIER NOW.  The pandemic made sure of it. Who would have thought a new normal would come upon our world?

What makes it crazier is being forced to embrace something that is definitely different from what we used to. Letting go of things we thought we can't give up. How are you holding up so far? How are we helping our selves? And what have we done so far to help the world fight the pandemic?

Yeah, we probably are not obliged to help. But let us at least make sure we do not add up to the piling dilemmas of the world. Not adding up to the problem is already a big help. Because as I see it, this pandemic is something we can beat only by worldwide team work. That if each of us really mean to end this without any hidden intentions be it political, financial or whatever. Stop blaming and pointing fingers to those who we think made the bad decisions. As much as possible, let us cooperate without unnecessary complaints.

If we take a look at our situation from a positive disposition, we'll realize that this pandemic isn't totally bad at all. It has its own good effects to our lives and even to the planet we live in. We are given the opportunity to take a pause and consider our priorities. We got reminded of which really matters in this world.. in this life. Planet earth has never been this quiet. One of my favorite is when pollution lessened across the world and gave some of the forgotten beauty of our nature a chance to come back to view. Indeed, 2020 was a surprise "reset" not only to the humanity but even to planet earth.

As for me as a mom, it wasn't easy to think of activities we can do with our daughter to keep her entertained and motivated. She has not gotten out of our home for probably 2 months already. I don't know if she noticed but my is heart definitely aching for her. Feels like a part of her growing up process is taken away. But I rather endure that than risk her health and life. Staying at home is a small sacrifice to keep us all healthy in the family.

There is always something we can thank God for even in the midst of this pandemic. Just merely being able to wake up the next day is a blessing. Being able to spend your time with family is a blessing. Not being infected is a blessing. Let's not forget to thank God for all of it. 


'Til then, see yah!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)