Being Grateful And Happy For What I Have

Friday, June 05, 2020





CHEERS TO BEING HAPPY DESPITE THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Keeping a positive outlook in life is easier said than done. Especially during these times that we have no other choice but to embrace the world's new normal - something that we were caught unprepared even though we've seen it all coming. All the negativity surrounding us are nothing but uncontrollable. It is proliferating all across the world wide web mainly thru different social media platforms that are being accessed by people from all walks of life. 

People nowadays can hardly socialize anymore as we have to create distance. Social media platforms then became our means to communicate, socialize, entertain and make livelihood. The possibility it offers is infinite that it has also become a bottom less pit. It seems to have no boundaries at all. Its infinity has gone both ways: for the better and for the worst. The younger generations get frustrated easily by being aware of what they lack and what others have. They unnecessarily end up comparing their lives to everything they see in the world wide web. While the older generations act like they know better than those who lead. Others simply loathe their life for not being able to live as convenient as they wanted it to be.




Just the other day, I was honestly frustrated trying to come up with a decent aesthetic video content that I wanted to share here on my blog. I did not have a proper camera except for my crappy old android phone. It doesn't register crisp details of images, no vivid colors too. But it's better than nothing at all, right? I do have some basic video editing knowledge. I have a laptop to work on it. So I decided to try. Am I satisfied with my output? NOT QUITE because it isn't what I wanted it to be. But I am happy. Truly happy by the fact that I was able to come up with something decent despite the crappy tools I used.

How do we keep ourselves happy and grateful despite the toxicity surrounding us both online and environmentally? If you think about it, the formula to genuine happiness is pretty simple and yet a lot of people can only hardly achieve it. Why? Because no matter how simple the formula may seem, it actually becomes hard when reality gets into the equation. They say that acceptance is key to happiness as it leads us to contentment. And when we are contented, our hearts get happy. But we as human, possess feelings that make everything complicated. And when it gets complicated, it gets hard to be contented. Thus affecting our ability to accept realities and messes up with our disposition too.

I myself have my own struggles. I also have my own silent battles. But as I changed roles from being single to being a parent, my priorities changed too. I wanted to be happy for my family. I had to change my perception. And as I thrive to find happiness in me, I found that the easiest way to achieve it is to simplify everything. I changed the way I look at life. Instead of finding what I lack, I reminded myself of the things I should be thankful about. Surprisingly, I found too many things I should be thankful about and realized how blessed I am:

  • I am alive and well enough to serve God.
  • I am living with my family.
  • I have a loving and supportive husband.
  • We are blessed with a loving daughter and a son (coming soon).
  • We have food to share.
  • We have clothes to wear.
  • We have roofs on our head.
  • And the list can go on and on and on and on that this post will probably not end so I got to stop here.
Messy toys on the living room? Be happy your child is playing instead of sulking in a corner. Tired washing the plates? Be happy you had the chance to eat a meal. No special foods to share for your birthday celebration? Be happy you reached that age. Bored about staying at home? Be happy you did not have to go out and risk your life just to make ends meet. Annoyed by the water and power interruptions? Be happy there is still supply despite the global warming and messed up climates.

Happiness is a choice so why keep on dwelling on the things you can't control? Consider your glass to be half full. Not half empty. Be thankful and grateful and let God take control.

'Til then, See Yah!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)