BOOK REVIEW: Time Bomb by Jonathan Kellerman

Monday, July 13, 2020






Judging from the books I have on my shelf, I could probably call myself a JONATHAN KELLERMAN FAN. I have his books not because he was recommended to me but because whenever I go to one of my several favorite books stores, his books are always available being sold in really affordable prices. He also has good reviews and his story plots were always intriguing to me. I have had this particular book for quite a while but never had the chance to read it. I have also switched to reading my eBooks for almost 3 years that a lot of my books on the shelf (including this one) were left unread for years. This is the first book I read ever since my "real book" hiatus. 

TITLE:


This title is good for being an intriguing piece. But after reading the whole story, I can't quite agree to giving this book this particular title. It fits but NOT REALLY. It's giving me a "Yeah, it could work, but it could have been better" vibe and feeling. You know what I mean? Like it's a title that would take some brainstorming to realize why it was titled this way. It's good enough to attract readers. But after reading the story, it doesn't connect to the plot right away.


BOOK COVER:



I like this book cover. I think the metallic royal blue fonts go well with the silver-grayish background. The way that the word TIME BOMB was embossed is also very clever. The author's name was printed really well that even from a distance, you'll know right away that it's a Jonathan Kellerman book. Though I guess that was always the layout styling of almost all of his books because his name is his marketing strength -- perks of being one of the established authors in the world. The puppet illustration also goes well with the book story.


STORY:

Let's get straight to the point: I DID NOT LIKE IT. In fact, it took me a very looooong while to finish the book because it just doesn't have that "can't put down" or "can't stop reading" factor on it. The beginning chapters were too dragging but the last chapters felt like it went too fast because the author has to end it already. I also did not like the slow story development on the fist parts. Jonathan Kelleran does have a tendency to spend a whole paragraph or several more to describe a certain object or setting. He probably wants to set the mood of the reader, I don't know. For me it didn't really work that way. It bored me instead of setting up my mood and imagination. (SPOILER ALERT) The way how all the twists were revealed only through narration disappoints me too. I was kind of expecting some real actions, situations or scenes. In my humble opinion, the climax of the story wasn't presented properly.  


WILL I RECOMMEND IT?:

No. I probably will, but only after having no other books to recommend. I can't call it a good reading experience and I was mostly bored than excited. But if you have been following the ALEX DELAWARE series, do not skip this book. Read it. It has a major turn of Alex Delaware's life story that I think will interest you.



'Til then, See yah!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)