DIY EYE LASH SERUM

Thursday, June 08, 2017



Who wouldn't want gorgeous lashes? They make the eyes look dramatic which is why mascaras and false lashes never go out of style when it comes to any make up game.

I used to spend so much money for eye lash extensions just to achieve effortless dramatic eye look. Sure it was convenient. I didn't have to spend time anymore curling and applying mascara every single day. It boosted my self-confidence knowing that I look better than I normally do. Plus, my "I WOKE UP LIKE THIS" mood has never been that great with my lashes instantly done looking fab and natural.

But girl, I must say, IT WAS EXHAUSTING TOO.

I can't rub my eyes no matter how itchy they could get.
I can't properly wash my face with strong soaps or facial foams because I'm trying to make those fake lashes last longer.
I felt like it weakened my natural lashes.
My natural lashes fall off along with the fake ones.

And that's when I decided to stop doing eye lash extensions. I love my real lashes and I don't want them to get thinner than they already are. I thought I should probably just learn how to use falsies so I can get one for my self on special occasions. But I wasn't really into falsies. So I procrastinated until I forgot about my plan of learning how to use false eye lashes.

Upon searching more about natural products for my skincare routine, I came across a photo in Pinterest that shows how to make my own Eye Lash Serum. That got my attention. I thought it's probably the solution I need to save my lashes and make them better. So I made one for myself and loving it so far. Not only that the ingredients are easy to find... the serum is easy to make too.

There are actually a lot of DIY recipes for eye lash serums that can be found in the internet. I did a research about all the ingredients considering the availability and costs. Then I made my own recipe which I am very happy about because it actually works!


WHAT YOU NEED:




Castor oil - This is the main ingredient. It has nourishing powers that are easily absorbed and locked in by the hair strands. It has hair growth boosting properties which is exactly what we need. You can even apply castor oil alone to your scalp if you want a rescue for your receding hairline.

Almond oil - According to WIkipedia, this oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids, something called phospholipids, magnesium and vitamin ---- which are all beneficial for our hair to nourish and strengthen it. Almond oil is also used for treating damaged hair and even hair loss. Need I say more?




Aloe Vera gel - This also promotes hair growth and conditions our hair strands. If you aren't convinced enough that Aloe Vera does good to your hair, then look around every shampoo and conditioner variants at the grocery... the manufacturers never miss out Aloe Vera in their products.



Mascara Tube - for your serum's container
Small Funnel or Bottle dropper - For mixing all the ingredients.

You may add vitamin E to it but I skipped it as I thought I should just stick to 3 ingredients first.

I got all my ingredients (except for the Aloe Vera, it's home grown) and tools from an online store called The Skin Fashion at Shopee Ph. You may CLICK HERE to be redirected to the store's profile at Shopee Ph.

Never mind the ANGLED BRUSH, the SPONGE and the VIRGIN COCONUT OIL. You won't need them for making your Eye Lash Serum. I am just showing you what I got from that online store 😃



PROCEDURE:

Fill 3/4 of your mascara tube with Castor oil, 1/8 of it with Almond oil and the remaining 1/8 of it with Aloe Vera gel. However, adjust these measurements and be careful NOT to totally fill the tube because the mascara wand occupies volume too. If you fill it to the brim, there will be so much product excess when you finally attempt to put in the wand and close the cap. Mix the ingredients very well.... and voila! You're done babe 😄

I use the serum every night before going to bed. I use it during the day too if I have no plans of applying mascara for that day. In other words, I apply this serum every single chance I have.  And because I added Aloe Vera gel in my serum, the consistency of the product is not too oily and it's so much the same with your regular mascara.


DISCLAIMER:

I've read that the result varies from one person to another. Some people see results immediately while to some it can take some weeks or even months. Well in my case, I have been using this for 3 weeks before I finally notice a difference with my lashes. I feel like they have gotten longer than before. And the strands are much thicker too. Though I really can't tell yet whether more lashes have grown or are not. If there are new hair growths, then I should probably see baby hairs first.... is that how it works with lashes? Gosh, I don't really know 😂 But honestly, my lashes have gotten longer and thicker than before. And oh, though it's called EYE LASH SERUM... you can very much apply it to your brows too!

You have nothing to lose if you want to try this. I swear it works.
'Til then, see yah!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)