DIY Floral Birthday Photoshoot (With a Baby!)

Tuesday, August 21, 2018




I still can't make up my mind which of these two is the most DIYed chapter of my life:

WEDDING? or
BABY'S FIRST BIRTHDAY?



Whichever it is, one thing is certain: I got real tired and exhausted! Well, both my body and my wallet 😂 But it is always worth it. That's why I'm proud of all of my successful DIY projects including our baby's Floral Monthly Birthday Photoshoot.

Please note that this idea is not entirely mine; I got my inspiration from Pinterest - which I call "My DIY Library". Whoever came up first of this idea is probably a genius because it's just so adorable and cute.








The first photo isn't looking great because there's always a first time for everything! 😅 But moving on, you have to admit we we're actually doing real good. Taking these photos every month used to be fun & cute. In fact, it is one of the tasks I look forward to every month. But when she learned how to roll over, not only that it got harder, it became challenging too!

When Izzay turned 9 months old, she doesn't like to get laid down anymore. She cried a lot we had to bribe her random things just to calm her down for at least 40 seconds. At 10 months, she had her way and refused (intensely) to lie down. So I gave in and let her sit and accepted the fact that our situation is actually transitioning from being "challenging" to downright "Struggling" - Nope, I am not exaggerating. And I'M NOT KIDDING! I literally only had 6 photos to choose from on her 12th month because she cried so much that she wanted me to sit beside her and take the photo together. So if you're thinking of doing the same for your little one, anticipate the changes which are part of your baby's development. If you think flowers are cute, well guess what - so does your baby! Your little ones will definitely grab them every chance they get.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discouraging you to use flowers because they look really cute. But now that you know the cons, the decision is yours to make. I'm sharing my experience so you'll know what to expect. Because while Pinterest is a DIY Ideas Haven, it doesn't always tell what could get wrong along the way.



PS: The baby in the collage is our little one and we call her Izzay. Last time I posted here, I was still pregnant. Apologies for being gone for sooooo long but I'm sure you guys will understand -- it definitely wasn't easy for a first time mom. I have a lot to tell you that I don't know where to start.  We just had an intimate (but not so intimate 😅) first birthday celebration for our first born last week and I DIYed a lot for that small party. So I guess I should probably start by making this post. Since I'm a Mom now, expect a lot of Motherhood, Family, and Baby related blog posts in the future.



I miss you!,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)