WHAT'S INSIDE MY MAKE UP BAG (MAY 2017)

Saturday, June 03, 2017



I've been putting off this blog post for waaaay too long... my apologies folks. I honestly just don't feel like sharing what I have in my make up bag right now because I'm actually still searching for more products to fall in love with. Well, I figured I could just make an updated WHAT'S IN MY MAKE UP BAG post if I finally find all the make up products I would love to share.

For the meantime, let me share to you guys what I currently have inside my make up bag.




First, let me talk about the bag. This is a pouch from my sister which she bought from a department store. I like it because it has floral prints & it's brown so it won't easily look dirty. It has two zipped compartments that allows me to organize the contents. It looks small and it's not bulky at all. In fact, it doesn't take up so much space in my bag. However I was surprised that I could actually fit in so much stuff in it. The lining inside has cute pink floral prints too! Just how cute is that?

Alright, so these are all what I have inside my make up bag:





I say it's quite a lot... but nothing much for some serious makeup-py thingies. These stuffs here are mostly just for touching up during the day. I don't really wear that much make up anyway. I usually just do my brows on a daily basis then I apply SPF 50 BB Cream for my skin and that's it. Oopps, I lied. I apply lip tints too. 😄

I will go through everything that I have inside my bag but I am not going to talk about the specifics of each product because this is not a product review. And oh, don't expect much girl. These products I use are only drugstore and local products because:

1. They are the only ones that are always available here in our place.

2. Not only that I can't afford highend products yet... I also don't think it's the right time for me to invest on such expensive products because I am not a make up pro. I don't even know yet how and what brush to use for blending out eyeshadows. So I should start small and simple with the products then slowly work my way up. And once I learned how to use make up, then I'll definitely SPLURGE on highend products.... soon!

MAKE UP BAG CONTENTS:

SPRAY COLOGNE - I do always bring with me a spray cologne to keep myself smelling fresh the whole day. My cologne is Afficionado in the scent FRESH. Been using this same brand & variant for a year now because I like how lovely it smells.( I told you, I don't change favorites that often). The scent lasts the whole day too. That spray bottle by the way is not its original container. I just transferred the contents in there so I don't have to carry around a huge cologne bottle in my purse.

NYX MATTE LIPSTICK - I don't need a Lipstick Organizer because THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I OWN 😁 Would you believe it? And girl, I have this lippie for quite a while already at hindi ko pa rin maubos-ubos! Speaking of, I probably shuld be checking its expiration date. (Mental Note) This one is from Nyx which I purchased at Chimes Boutique in Davao. It's matte and the shade is MLS22 or STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRIE.

VITRESS HAIR CUTICLE COAT - When you have a hair as stubborn as mine, then you probably can't leave home without a hair cuticle coat in your make up bag. Been doing that since high school (because I have the same hairstyle since time immemorial: straight and long stubborn hair) I apply this only on the roots and tips of my hair where I need taming the most. I don't necessarily stick to this brand. I sometimes use HAIR SHINE from Hair Treats (Color Series) which I purchased from Watsons.

MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS GLOW LIP BALM - This is just an ordinary lip balm, no stain or color at all. I apply this on my lips before using my matte lipstick or my lip tint to save my lips from ultimately drying. I also use this to exfoliate my lips at night. This one's a must in my make up bag because my lips get chapped a lot. Not really a favorite but I don't hate it either. I'll probably try a new lip balm soon.

SWISH BREATH SPRAY - It's not make up but I included this in my make up bag so I could always carry it around with me. Who wants a Dragon's breath anyway, right?

EB CONCEALER STICK - I use this concealer for my brows... & brows gotta always look on fleek NO MATTER WHAT so I'm bringing this wherever I go in case of "eyebrow emergencies". This concealer helps me clean up the arches of my brows and can serve as a brow bone highlighter too. No need for brushes, I only use my fingers to apply and blend this concealer.

REVLON COLORBURST LACQUER BALM - This one's a favorite. Been wearing it nonstop because its shade can go with almost anything. It's perfect for touching up whether I'm wearing matte lipstick or just a plain lip stain. I love how I can quickly apply this to my lips even without looking at the mirror. You can CLICK HERE if you want to read a detailed review of this product.

PAGANINI POCKET MIRROR - I say: it's not a make up bag without a mirror. I don't really check my face every now and then but I feel at ease knowing that I have a mirror in my bag in case I need one. I can't just simply ask my husband whether my lipstick is still fine or whether my mascara didn't smudge kasi girl, walang kwenta yun s'ya tanungin... laging OK LANG ang sagot 😂

OIL CONTROL SHEETS - This one's another favorite. It's a powdered blotting paper so it does the job better than your ordinary blotting paper. It doesn't only remove the oil but it also leaves my skin feeling smooth as if I've just set it with powder. The struggle is real whenever I'm getting shiny everywhere and I can't find a proper touch up room or space. A quick pat of this blotting paper in my face saves the day. If you have the same skin type as mine, which is extremely oily, then this one's a must have in your bag.

2 HAIR TIES & 4 HAIR CLIPS - Because there's no such thing as too much hair ties or too much hair clips. I swear they just vanish into thin air, so I gotta bring not only one but two or more.

NAIL CUTTER - I'll never know when I'm going to need one so I always have this extra nail cutter exclusively just for my make up bag alone. This came in handy too many times already. Especially if you have a husband who randomly ask you for a nail cutter in the most unexpected places and times. Kung kelan wala kami sa bahay, saka s'ya nangangailangan ng nail cutter 😑

SUN BLOCK CREAM SPF 15 - Did you know that you have to reapply sun block every 2-3 hours to ensure protection from the harmful sun rays? They come in different forms and SPF level. Mine is cream with only an SPF 15. I probably should purchase another one with higher SPF. Gusto ko yung spray lang na sunblock so it's not hard to apply it over my make up.

VICKS INHALER - Again, not a make up stuff, but its included in my bag because it's important. This comes in handy whenever I have a headache (it doesn't heal headache but it provides soothing sensation) or whenever I feel dizzy.

EB LIP & CHEEK TINT - Fourth lippy that I have inside my bag.. See? I only have one lipstick but there are a total of 4 (used to be 5) different lippies inside my bag. I'm keeping this inside my bag because sometimes I want to achieve a natural lip stain. The Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm could look natural on my lips even though it's glossy but the stain from my EB cheek & lip tint lasts longer. Yes, nabubura sya pag kumakain ako pero may natitira pa ring stain na kumakapit sa lips ko.

SIMPLY PRETTY LIP DEFINING PENCIL -  I rarely use this as a lip liner to outline my lips. I actually put this on my entire lips 🤣 whenever I want to achieve a cherry red lip color. Will that make me weird? Fine then, call me weird 🤣 I just recently bought this by the way so I cant really tell whether I love it or not.

EYEBROW PENCIL -  I use eyebrow powder EVERYDAY to do my brows. But I don't really carry it around with me in my make up bag. Whenever there's "Kilay Emergency" I need to fix, my eyebrow pencil can definitely do the job. Even if that means redoing my entire brows from scratch. By the way, this is the Ever Bilena Perfect Eyebrow Pencil in the shade dark brown. Been using the same eyebrow pencil brand since Day 1 of me learning to do my kilay. At gamit ko pa rin sya hanggang ngayon.

NICHIDO EYEBROW PENCIL SHARPENER - Speaking of eyebrow pencil, I gotta have a sharpener. This one from Nichido is a favorite. I used to carry around a regular pencil sharpener at yun ang nakaubos sa eyebrow pencil ko dahil nababali ang product each time I sharpen it. Well, I know better now. 👯

NICHIDO RETRACTABLE BRUSH - This is not as fluffy as I want it to be.... but it's hygienic because it's retractable so this is what I carry inside my make up bag. I use this brush to apply my pressed powder. But this won't stay long in my make up bag because I recently ordered a very fluffy kabuki brush online... perfect for applying powder on my face! It's not retractable like this Nichido brush but it's small and it comes with a small pouch so it doesn't get dirty when mixed with my other stuffs inside my make up bag. Hopefully it will be shipped out within this week.

CLEAN & CLEAR OIL CONTROL PRESSED POWDER - I haven't really used this yet. It's brand new and it's my first time to try out this product. I used to have J&J oil control face powder and I liked it a lot but its container is quite bulky for my small pouch so I decided to ditch it and replaced it with pressed powder from Clean & Clear. I do have a powder foundation from Revlon but I don't really use it on a daily basis. Okay na'ko sa mga pang oil control lang na pressed powders mga bessy.

PAGANINI HAIR COMB - Kilay is life but my crowning glory is important too! I can't leave home without it. Like I said, I have long stubborn hair so a hair comb is A MUST. I don't really feel comfortable borrowing hair comb from friends. I only do that when I have no other choice.

NICHIDO WHITE EYE LINER - I apply this on my inner lower lash line to make my eyes look brighter and more awake.

SIMPLY PRETTY WATERPROOF MASCARA -  This is also a new item in my bag. I purchased it along with my lip liner. I used to carry around my MAYBELLINE HYPER CURL VOLUME EXPRESS MASCARA --- my favorite! --- but I'm almost out of it and believe it or not, it's not available here in Kidapawan City 😩 So I decided to buy a new waterproof mascara because I don't really want to empty out my hyper curl from Maybelline. I would like to reserve it for special occasions.

And that's about it! These are all what I have inside my make up bag. I guess months from now, some of these stuffs will be ditched and there will surely be new additions too.  Wow, it's a wonder how someone like me - who doesn't wear heavy make up - could carry that much stuff in my bag.

'Til then, see yah!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)