BOOK REVIEW: Always And Forever Lara Jean

Friday, August 24, 2018



It took me a while to finish this book because:

1. It bored me a little bit.
2. ‎It kind of feel a little dragging on the several first chapters.
3. ‎ I was busy for my daughter's first birthday.
4. ‎ I was tired most of the time.
5. ‎ Between napping, youtube and games, I  have no extra "me time" left.
6. ‎ I swear I was so busy. Really busy.


But ultimately, I have no other excuse. I have nothing else to do other than admit that I was most of the time being LAME. Which is why I felt like the book was kinda boring, dragging or that I'm busy and tired --- it's all because I was actually being lame. Truth is this book is really good. It is equally as entertaining as the other first two books of this series. Since the protagonist has Asian roots, I feel like we are the same in so many aspects in life when it comes to friendship, relationships, principles and families. The author made a good job for making a lot of the scenes so relatable for teens, young adults, nerds, asians and socially awkward people -- like me.


While reading this book, I found myself wanting to have one more sister (coz I already have one) and wanting to go back as freshman in college. It also made me miss my friends back in college (coz I didn't really have that much friends in high school. Ahmm, yes --- I was that loner school girl. But not so alone so don't pity me. Haha)


I like how the story transitions smoothly from one chapter to another. I also like how the progress of the story felt so natural and not "rushed" like what the other authors do when they already want or need to end the story.

This novel is light but fills you in real good, if you know what I mean. Are you looking for something good to read just to kill the time? Something entertaining and fun but not violent and harsh? Oh, this book has your back. And if you already have read the first two books, you definitely should not miss this third one because not only that it's good.. it's also the series' conclusion.


What excites me more is that Netflix is releasing a series (or a movie? not quite sure) based on the first novel of this Lara Jean book series called TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE. CLICK HERE if you want to watch the trailer that already has 5.3M views as of writing this post. Base on the video's comment thread, it's obvious that a lot of young girls are excited about this movie (or series, like I said I'm not quite sure, LOL) I'm not a young girl, but I'm excited too because I am a forever-21-year-old-gal by heart. ✌



'Til then, see yah!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)