CATCHING UP PHOTO STORIES

Friday, August 31, 2018







This month's highlight is Izzay's first birthday bash so before August ends, I would certainly want to share some photos we took during her birthday.

Her birthday fell on a Sunday which is always one of the busiest day of our week. Sundays are meant for our church activities and worship services making it really hard to work out some plans we initially had for her birthday. We then decided to celebrate her birthday from our home to make everything easier for all of us. It was also the only feasible choice we had considering the situation.


I DIYed a lot on my baby's birthday because I wanted it to be floral themed. Unfortunately  some of my DIY floral birthday decors did not make it to the backdrop, walls and tables because we do have a medium sized home - which became smaller than it already is when we started putting in tables & chairs for the visitors - that's even after we already removed our huge cabinet divider. Nevertheless, we were still happy with the backdrop we came up because the balloons and paper flowers looked really colorful against the white silk behind them.


Because it was sunday, there were children from the Children Worship Service in the morning. I decided to make our own sweet treats for them with Izzay's birthday tag.


We also invited several VIPs, so I made some birthday invitations for them just for formality. Haha! I would have made this invitation from Photoshop or Canva but because I can't use my laptop, I had to look for online based creators. Luckily I found one that was really easy to use though I forgot the site's name. I'll link them here in on this post if I remember the website. Gosh, I hate signs of aging. 😂

Birthdays aren't complete without the cake. I had a cake design in my mind that I wanted for Izzay's birthday. Unfortunately, the chief baker of our favorite bakery was on leave. Ugh! My husband decided to buy the cake from Goldilocks instead. We chose the rainbow cake with cupcakes around it. I made cute little "Izzay Faces" with the birthday hat on a popsicle to decor her cake just because I wanted it to be somehow different. They looked really cute! It's one of my favorite DIYs that I decided to keep some and put them in near our sink.

And because my "DIY haven" a.k.a PINTEREST showed me too many easy to make sweets, I made some for our children visitors. We had marshmallows and wafers all dipped in melted chocolates. I also made inverted ice creams made of cake pops. They all look fun and cute in our table.

August is fruit season here in our province so we also served different fruits in the table. The grown ups enjoyed them as much as the children enjoyed the sweets. There were also Durians, Watermelon and Dalandan which we can no longer put in the table for lack of space. The spaghetti and macaroni did not make it to the table too, how unfortunate!


Her first birthday wasn't grand. But it was everything we hoped it to be --- celebrated with family & friends with good foods to share. We took so much photos that day but I can't share everything here because this isn't an album. 😅  Enjoy!























'Til then, See yah!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)