CATCHING UP PHOTO STORIES

Wednesday, April 19, 2017


A summer entry... FINALLY!

April is Philippine's summer month and holy week is especially my family and friends' summer week. We just can't help it! It is the time of the year when the climate gets really hot and it's a holiday week for most people too --- just perfect to plan a summer getaway!

This, of course, is OUR first summer as husband and wife. We are living far from both of our families so we can't easily reach out and hang out with them anywhere or anytime we desire. Not even on holidays. But because we are surrounded by generous (and really fun) church friends, we we're invited to a 7 yr-old girl's swimming birthday bash -- which to me is synonymous to a summer getaway, YAY!

It's not something grand. It's actually a very simple and intimate celebration but real fun, nevertheless. I can't really recall how many people were there but it's probably 20 church friends, more or less. My niece had a week-long vacation in our home so she came with us too. She and Gilia became instant pool friends.

My niece, Kathryn (left) with the birthday girl, Gilia (right)

Typical Filipino dishes. Yum!

We celebrated Gilia's birthday at RC Martinez Farm & Resort. I won't talk much anymore about this resort because it's a known resort here in Kidapawan City, but you can send me an email or leave a comment below for any questions you might have about the resort.

The weather was perfect that day. It was kinda cloudy and windy so it was like playing peek-a-boo with Mr. Sunny. The resort has 6 pools, 2 of them are for children. I swear the pools were really inviting but I did not give in. Yes, it's a mini summer getaway and I didn't dive in -- I'm such a loser, HAHA! I was actually not in the mood for some swimming that day because, for some lame reasons, I don't like the idea of getting my hair wet. Not to mention I've been here to this resort too many times before so I have definitely already tried their pools. I just wanted to take part of Gilia's birthday celebration and bring my niece there. No regrets because even if I didn't get to swim in the pool, I got to enjoy their beautiful garden. It was like summer and spring in one setting.. beautiful!

There were a lot more colorful flowers that day but I'm into GREENS lately so I chose these photos for my post.

Just because I did not swim that day doesn't mean I didn't have that much fun. There is fun in the pool side too! I liked the idea of getting my feet wet and keeping my body dry & warm while watching them all drenched in the pool.



Friends playing at the pool, love ones getting intimate, bonding, laughter, jokes, sharing food --- these probably are all I wanted that day. I just want to go out and breathe fresh air. Pregnancy probably is changing my definitions of fun, adventure and getaway.



'Til then, see yah!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Trying hard to be a photographer

Trying hard to be a photographer

ABOUT AZZY

Hi there stranger.
My name's Azenith which I constantly change the spelling to AZZYNITH when using it in the internet. My alter ego name is THINEZA. That's actually just my real name spelled backwards 'xcept for the 't' and 'h'.

Happily married, a mother, bookworm, photography enthuasiast, music lover, cat owner, koreanovelas sucker, a frustrated cook-watercolorist-calligraphist-video editor-graphic artist-writer-journalist and a bullet journal junkie. Too many frustrations huh? Well I'm just gon'na laugh all these frustrations off. HAHA! (READ MORE)